- Ensure the completion of the maintenance activities to the highest quality level of planification, preparation, execution, and reporting.
- Ensure the full reliability of the infrastructures with the focus on continuity of services, energy efficiency and budgetary constraints.
- Use the BMS (Building Management System) and all available systems and do regular walkthroughs to keep up to date, at all times, the appropriate monitoring on site.
Duties include but not limited to
- Perform 24/7 shift duty to support mission critical data center operations.
- Strict adherence to safe work practices for all work activities, at all times.
- Strict compliance with physical processes and procedures.
- Conduct daily walk-through of facility documenting parameters such as power availability, temperature and humidity, alarm status, etc. for identification of discrepancies and trends.
- Provide hands on support for customer needs, includes installation/decommissioning of racks.
- Compile Method of Procedures (MOP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Emergency Response Procedures (ERP) and preventive maintenance programs.
- Perform periodic technical and quality reviews of all MOP, SOP and ERP to ensure the most “up-to-date” techniques and safety guidelines are utilized as well as compliant with government regulations.
- Supervise contractors to ensure all maintenance activities are performed in accordance with approved MOPs and Vantage’s Mission Critical Facility work rules.
- Utilize internal CMMS to manage maintenance workflows and spare part inventory.
- Ensure availability targets are achieved and maintained for data centers and technical infrastructure for all Vantage Data Center facilities.
- Monitor and report load capacities of critical infrastructure to mitigate overload conditions during equipment failover between primary and redundant systems.
- Maintain a strong technical knowledge of the critical infrastructure design intent, sequence of operations, fault conditions and associated corrective action.
- Perform periodic site-specific crisis management drills to ensure full preparedness to respond effectively to an unplanned change-of-state event.
- Perform post event analysis includes report compilation, to establish root cause, lessons learned and implement mitigation and or remediation activities in a timely manner.
- Participate in operations and technical compliance audits and ensure timely completion of improvement plans.
- Actively contribute to all improvement actions in the site PUE.
- Work with Construction team to ensure construction activities do not impact operations, participate in commissioning activities, and drive timely closure of construction defects.
- Perform other services determined that are necessary to maintain and operate all mission-critical related infrastructure in an approved manner.
Physical Working Conditions
- The position is subject to extreme cold and extreme heat. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to noise such as vibration and high volume of air movement.
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Diploma/Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or relevant discipline.
- At least 3-5 years working experience in building, electrical and / or HVAC operation and maintenance.
- Electrical and Mechanical Services Department (EMSD) issued Certificate of Registration of Electrical Worker (REW) Grade A and B as minimum; Grade C/H advantageous
- Experience in operating, maintaining, repairing, inspecting, and testing of electrical distribution systems including generators and UPS system, and or HVAC systems, and or Fire Systems and or building management/automation systems.
- Prior experience in Data Center operations or equivalent mission critical facility.
- Supervision of preventive and corrective maintenance activities.
- Locking out / making installations safe after incidents.
- Reactivation of circuit breakers in low-voltage electrical equipment.
- Readings and measurements on equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate a proactive approach and the capacity to generate new ideas.
- Problem solver.
- Proven skills in the use of software, such as, BMS, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and MS Project.
- Prior experience with ISO and OHS/EHS control processes considered advantageous.
- Candidates must possess reliable transportation for reporting to work for shifts, or emergencies.
|Job Category||Building Service / Civil Engineering, IT|